Sunday, May 27, 2012

You make all things new

A few weeks ago, we noticed some stains showing up on our clothes and could not figure out where they were coming from. After a little research, we discovered that this was a sign that our washing machine was going out. Sure enough, we realized that our washing machine outlasted its life-expectancy by two years. The solution was not to work on the broken machine or unplug it and plug it back in (which is how I usually fix my computer.) The solution was to get a new washing machine. So that’s what we did.

Our lives and this world have been hopelessly broken by sin. There’s nothing that we can do to fix this problem. Our only hope is to be made new. And that’s exactly what God offers in Christ.


I’m not looking back
I’m moving ahead
I’m here to declare to you
My past is over
In You, all things are made new
Surrender my life to Christ
I’m moving, moving forward


God makes things new. It’s what He does. It’s something only He can do. He doesn’t just fix old things or improve on the former models. He makes things new. What sin has broken in this fallen world, He makes new. This truth is found all throughout Scripture.

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. (Psalm 40:3)

The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow. (Isaiah 62:2)

His compassions never fail. They are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23)

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26)

Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. (Romans 6:4)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a newcreation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)
 

God is in the business of making things new. What is it that you need today? Do you need a new song of praise? Do you need a new start? Do you need new mercy for today? Ultimately, do you need a new life? The answer to all of the above is found in Christ!


You make all things new.
Yes, You make all things new.
I will follow You forward!


He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” (Revelation 21:5)


1 comment: